Don’t feel obliged to have the traditional wedding cake for your wedding, it’s your wedding and you can jazz things up if you like. An alternative idea to the traditional wedding cake for desert is to have an ice-cream bar at the reception. You can have as little or as many ice-cream flavours as you like and offer a variety of toppings such as cherries, sprinkles, smarties and chocolate chip
If you still want the traditional wedding photos with a wedding cake, you can get a small cake just for this purpose or you could get a wedding mock cake just for photos.
Let your wedding guests know the dress code.
What should you wear to a wedding? When planning a wedding, try to remember that your wedding guests may be having a hard time trying to figure out what to wear to your wedding. They may also be having difficulty determining the dress code. Different types of wedding call for different levels of dress. Many factors influence what the dress code will be whether it will be a church wedding, beach wedding, summer wedding or winter wedding.
Don’t feel awkward to give your guests a heads up as to what the dress code will be. For example, if it is expected that all female wedding guests need to wear hats to your church wedding, guests would much rather know this before the ceremony than walk into a church and be the only one not wearing a hat. I know this from personal experience! I felt extremely awkward walking into a small church wedding being the only female other than the bride, not wearing a hat.
Letting the wedding guests know about the dress code is best conveyed through word of mouth, or a small mention either on the invite itself. Additionally, you could slip a small general note slipped inside the invitation.
Silk wedding flowers can be an inexpensive alternative to having fresh flowers at your wedding. You could either opt to use silk flowers for all your floral needs, or use a combination of fresh flowers and silk. For example, your bridal bouquet could be made up of fresh flowers and your bridesmaids bouquets could be made up of silk flowers. Another approach, would be for the all the bouquets to be made up of a mixture of silk and real flowers, using the silk flowers as the ‘filler’ flowers.
Some Benefits of Using Silk Flowers
1. The main benefit of using silk flowers is that it is a cheaper alternative to fresh flowers. If flower arrangements feature heavily in your wedding (table décor, room décor, bouquets) fresh flowers can end up being very costly.
2. Using silk flowers, you have a greater variety of flowers available to you. Certain flowers are only in season at certain times of the year. If you are after a certain flower, one that has special meaning to you, you will find that it will be available to you all year round as a silk flower.
3. The silk flowers that you use at your wedding can be transferred into your home, so that you have a reminder of your wedding day.
4. Silk flowers are great for brides who suffer from hay fever.
5. You can pick-up the silk flowers as early as you want, alleviating the pressure from the ‘wedding week.’
They key in using silk flowers as an alternative to fresh flowers is to buy from a quality supplier. Good quality silk flowers can really look like the real thing. You could even add some floral essence to the petals of the flowers to give it a more genuine effect.